G and I have been dating for a while now. For those who don't know, I am an RN and he is a police officer. We have found this to be a trend, not only in my immediate family but in his co-workers as well! What can I say, the good at heart seem to find each other :) haha! Anyways, we had always talked about moving to "Dallas" and starting our life together, so to say. I had been looking at jobs online and applied for a few here and there, not knowing what I really wanted or really expecting much of it because I only applied to a few. About five months ago I got a call for an interview. I went to two interviews and was attracted by a PCU ( Progressive Care Unit/ Step-down ICU). It just felt like a fit. I unexpectedly took the job and moved the next month. So, for the last 5 months or so G and I have been 2 hours apart. Yes, I know, that isn't THAT far. However, anyone who has done a long distance relationship can vouch that it feels like you are oceans apart.
We quickly realized we were not fans of being in different cities and G talked to his supervisors and got the green light to start looking for jobs. This was April. Step one (in April) was an entrance exam and a physical exam. Followed by almost 1 and half months of silence. Pure, agonizing silence. As crazy as I was going, I know G was experiencing it ten fold. Then in June he had an interview. This was followed by an investigator interviewing myself, his parents, and numerous co-workers.
Finally, this week was decision week. Yesterday he had a psych evaluation and a polygraph exam. Today he had an oral board in front of three (I think) other officers and a physical. The final word... He's hired!! I don't think I have ever prayed so hard for something. Don't get me wrong, I prayed that God's will be done and if it was not meant to be then so be it. If that meant moving back to Tyler, I was prepared to pack up and go without a seconds hesitation. BUT, I am happy beyond belief that the man of my dreams is going to be just down the street again in a few short weeks!!!
This is my handsome man before his exams!
I can't say enough about how incredibly proud I am of this guy! He has worked so hard, and put up with so much from me, and the look on his face today made my heart melt. I am not one to cry in public, and part of me wishes I had not been at work when he told me because all I wanted to do was cry happy tears and give him the biggest congratulations hug!!! But alas (and probably for the better) I WAS at work and just got to give a big "YYYYAAAAAYYYY!!!!!" and a hug.
So, do you think my story was long enough?! Ya, I thought so too. I could not be more thankful to have G in my life and can NOT wait to see what the future holds for us! Until next time.... -A


That's SO GREAT Aubrey!!! So happy for you and him!! :) Now, we can get together and meet him!!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I can't wait for everyone to meet him!
ReplyDeleteSO glad he'll be moving here soon! Very exciting! Love your new blog too!
ReplyDelete