If you do not know, I got ENGAGED last night!!! There are no words to describe my happiness. So I will cut right to the story.....
G told me earlier in the week we were going to dinner with friends, William and Tara, on Friday night. I asked where we were going and he said " I don't remember what it's called, but wear business-casual." Ok. So he had been working really strange and long hours all week, I just chalked it up to him being in training. Friday he calls and tells me he is not going to get off on time to pick me up and make our reservations, so William is going to pick me up and we will just all meet there and I'll ride home with G. Ok. This did not send a flag up to me at all, it made total sense. William picks me up and we head downtown. (For those of you that don't know William, when he knows something exciting he can rarely hide it. To his credit, he was completely cool, calm, and collected on the car ride there.) Very impressive. We park downtown and start walking. At one point, I thought William had us lost (and I think he thought so too!) but then I see Avanti at the Fountain Place in Downtown Dallas, and I see G. As we are walking up William says "I'm going to give Tara a call, I'll catch up to you in a minute". I continue walking to meet up with G who has a BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers. This still does not send up a flag because it is not unusual for him to bring me flowers. I give him a hug and a kiss and he asks if he can set my purse down. This is where the flag starts to go up. I thought this And so it begins...
He starts saying all these wonderfully sweet things that, for the life of me, I can not remember.
And then he gets down on one knee. He continues to say alot of wonderfully sweet things, but all I am thinking is "Oh my gosh, is this really happening? This is a joke. No. I think he's serious. OH MY GOSH!!!!"
The tears start coming.
I'm not sure if i actually verbalized the word "yes" but I was nodding my head erratically and crying, so I think he got it!
He puts the most beautiful ring on my finger, and I can not be more happy that I get to marry this AMAZING SPECTACULAR WONDERFUL PERFECT (for me) man!!!!
Still crying. And laughing.
While all of this was going on there was a group of girls that were having a Bachelorette party inside the restaurant and they were screaming the whole time! They all came out and where so sweet congratulating us. This girl says "As soon as we saw him out here we knew he was waiting to propose to someone!"
The Bride-to-be was also wearing pink and gave me her sash to wear in this picture. So sweet.
Again with the tears. Happy tears.
Sooooooo happy!!!
William took all of these pictures and I would like to commend him (again) on a fantastic job! He took a ton of us in front of the fountains but this is one of my favorites!
Next we headed to dinner at The Palm.
William. I can't thank you enough for helping G with one of the greatest nights of my life. You truly are a wonderful friend and I am so glad you were there to share this special night with us. Thank you for everything!
Champagne toast.
Had to show off the ring!
This nice man stopped at our table and gave us a $50 gift card. Just because.
We, however, did not end up using it. G's sweet parents (my future in-laws!!) surprised us! Thank you both so much!
We stayed at the Adolphus Hotel, and this is what G had waiting for me. Does he know his fiance' or what?!
Last, but certainly not least, is my handsome soon-to-be husband!!! (I love saying that!)
There was all kinds of secret planning going on that I had no idea about. Thank you to everyone involved! It was the most perfect night and I could not have asked for a more perfect proposal from the man I love. I am truly blessed to get to spend the rest of my life with this man and inherit such a sweet family. I could not ask for anything more. I know all girls say this, but I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world! God has truly blessed me with such wonderful people and I can't wait to marry you G!!! Until next time....
-A
SO SWEET!!!!! I had tears in my eyes!!! You looked great and looks like everything was PERFECT!!! I am truly SO happy for yall!!!!
ReplyDelete