Jax also fills up quite a bit of our spare time. He is such a sweet dog! We are definitely still in puppy phase, but it's really not bad. He has only chewed up two pairs of {thankfully} old flip flops and that's it. {Besides his own beds!} He will almost always stop doing something if we tell him too, which I couldn't be happier about. Tomorrow he graduates from Doggy School so he will officially be obedient..... right?! Ha! All in all, he is a really good dog.
As you can see, this guy is quite comfortable.
We have finally found a brand of toys that will last more than a few hours. He just likes to chew! And for some reason he will just lay there with his paw in his mouth..... wierd.
G has a "vision" for our back patio. He has been searching for these string lights high and low for months. They were pretty expensive online... like $75 a strand! Ya right! We FINALLY found them at Target on clearance a few weeks ago for SUPER cheap! He's not quite finished with his "vision" but I think it looks pretty great!
My mom bought these mirrors for herself and ended up not using them at her house. I think they look pretty good in our dining room! We still plan on doing something else there later, but for now it definitely looks more finished!
Last week we decided to take a mini stay-cation to the boats in Shreveport. They just added a Margaritaville so we wanted to check it out! It was actually really nice and because it's still new you didn't get suffocated by a cloud of smoke in the casino!
We took a cap to Superior Grill. If you ever find yourself in Shreveport this place is a MUST! This margarita is $15 {ridiculous, I know}, but you can only drink one and you're done! So it's completely worth the $15! They are famous for their fajitas.
We have been to "the boats" several times and I NEVER win. When I say NEVER, I mean NEVER! I always lose everything. So this time, I sat down at a penny slot machine and put in my 20 bucks. G and I started talking to a lady next to us and I didn't really understand the game I was playing. Before I knew it I won $300... on the PENNY slots! I immediately cashed out and quit for the night!
We had a good time and ate some seafood at a local hole in the wall.... always our favorite thing to do! Our friends bought their first house this week so we have been helping them move and get settled in. And, G's uncle was admitted to the hospital over the weekend so we are on our way to visit him. {Prayers appreciated} Other than that it's just cleaning, grocery shopping and resting around here! Until next time...
-A






This mirrors look great! And that patio looks good, too. Love those lights! And what a fun little staycation getaway!
ReplyDeleteI love your back porch, love the way you decorate!
ReplyDeleteThanks ladies!
ReplyDelete