In my early 20's many of my close girlfriends were getting married. I was still in the boyfriend/dating phase and wondering to myself "Is he the one? When will I get married? or even WILL I get married?!" Well, I did get married and am so thankful God chose G just for me. I don't know why I was so anxious about it because looking back everything happened in perfect timing. Had I gotten married, or even met G before I did, I don't think things would have turned out the same.
Now, in my later 20's, my girlfriends are having babies. It was so funny to me the other day.... I was in the car with G and he says "You know, I'm really sick of people asking me when we are gonna have kids." I didn't realize they were asking him :) We are no where near ready to add any more members {besides Jax} to our new family. However, I am totally loving living vicariously through all the preggos in my life and seeing all the sweet babies! I think Aunt Aubrey is one of my favorite roles!
Now, in my later 20's, my girlfriends are having babies. It was so funny to me the other day.... I was in the car with G and he says "You know, I'm really sick of people asking me when we are gonna have kids." I didn't realize they were asking him :) We are no where near ready to add any more members {besides Jax} to our new family. However, I am totally loving living vicariously through all the preggos in my life and seeing all the sweet babies! I think Aunt Aubrey is one of my favorite roles!
All this to say, I spent those years almost wishing time away to get to the next big thing. Really, up until the last few weeks I was anxiously waiting for days to pass so I could move into our house, have our wedding, and go on our honeymoon. But for some reason, these last few weeks I've found myself wishing time would slow down. It's going too fast. My step-sister mentions how time flies in her blog and it never really hit me just how fast things go until now.
Where does the time go? I feel like it was yesterday that I got my first "big-girl" job and was moving into my first "big-girl" apartment with Alyssa and paying my own bills for the first time with my very own paycheck! Now, I have a husband and a mortgage and a dog to keep alive! I'm thankful for every minute, good or bad, that has brought me to this place in life. My only request..... Father Time, can you make some of those minutes just a liiiiiiitle bit longer? My time with G is not near long enough and our time with family is always too short. {You can keep the minutes spent at work at full speed....or more!} I want to try to savor those moments more. They really do fly by.
I know this post isn't about much but just wanted to write out some of my thoughts. After all, isn't that what a blog is for?! Until next time...
-A
I feel the exact same way. How did I get here...married with 3 kids? Ha! It's good that you realize this now, too,....because after I got married I couldn't wait til the next step (kids)...and while everything for me happened like this for a reason and a part of His plan....it's good that you and Greg are wanting time for yourselves too before adding babies into the mix. And...I won't ask you anymore when they'll be coming. =)
ReplyDelete