It had started to rain when we got to the Ranger game so we got a little wet but oh well! The game was delayed about 45 min and then there were clear skies. Over all, it was a fun day with friends!
The next day we picked up two of my nieces to bring them to our house for a girls sleepover. We picked them up about 9:30 in the morning and hit the road!
Grace wore her shades and pretty much entertained herself with coloring most of the way while Parker chatted us up about all kinds of things! We were still about 30 minutes away from the house and the girls wanted to play "I spy"and that kept them going the rest of the way. As we are walking into the back door Parker says "Aunt Aubrey, can we put on our pajamas and wear them the rest of the day?!" Of course! These are my kind of gals! G will attest, if we aren't going somewhere and no one is coming over you will find me either in pajamas or sweats. Terrible I know, but I like to be comfy ... what can I say?!
Parker was "indisposed" and told us we could go pick out a movie and have it ready when she came out. So we did. Our movie of choice was The Little Mermaid which is my all time favorite. We all snuggled up in my bed and had movie time.
After the movie the girls discovered my shoes and wanted to try all of them on so I got them all down and gave them some jewelry to play with and they put on a fashion show. So fun!
They decorated the driveway with some sidewalk chalk and drew some pictures on their sketch pads. We had pizza and ice cream for dinner and painted our nails while My Little Pony played in the background. For bedtime, The Jungle Book was the movie of choice and here we are all snuggled up in my bed with their "dreamlights" on.
G and I had so much fun and definitely had some eye-openers as far as having kids around goes. I am amazed at their imaginations and the things they think of! We will definitely need to do this again! Until next time...
~A








I smiled through this whole post! The girls had so much fun! I almost laughed out loud (and I'm alone right now, ha!)...when I read the part about Parker wanting to wear her pajamas. That's pretty much all we wear unless we are going somewhere...and then right when we get home that's what they want to wear. Geoff says I have ruined them (as far as pajama wearing all day goes) :)
ReplyDeleteAnd the girls poses trying on your shoes...its too much! Loved them all. Thank you again!