Sunday, December 29, 2013

A Very Harry Christmas

We started off our Christmas festivities with a Tacky Christmas Sweater party at the Compton's. Somehow I convinced G to wear matching onesies with me! Ha! We did a Chinese gift exchange and took some pictures in front of a cute backdrop that Marcy made!




When we got home after this and got into bed I told G "I think I feel a cold coming on." Guess what? I was right. I spent the next three days with "the crud" and so did G! I had to miss Christmas at my dad and Crystal's on Saturday and spent the day resting and blowing my nose with my sick husband.

Sunday I was feeling a little better so my mom, John, and Nana came over as planned. G was still feeling pretty terrible so he was exiled tot he back bedroom for the day. I was sad he missed it but he needed the rest.... not to mention, no one else wanted his sickness!

Monday, G was feeling a little better but wasn't completely 100% so he stayed home from work. My SIL and BIL came into town that day and we all went to dinner. It was a good thing G stayed home because he nearly passed out at the dinner table {or in nurse terms- he had a near syncopal episode}... it was pretty scary! On Christmas Eve we spent a large part of the day at G's parents house just hanging out. That night we went to Christmas Eve Mass and it was such a beautiful service, as always. I FINALLY got to cuddle with Nathan!!! I didn't get to hug on him earlier in the week because I wasn't feeling well and didn't want to get too close... but Christmas Eve I was nearly coming out of the pew during the service to run over and squeeze on him! I didn't get a picture of me with Nate but I did get one of G!

He's a natural!



Christmas day we opened presents, just G and me, at home. {Jax too!} G had wanted a fire pit, specifically a pit called a "Cowboy Grill" that one of his buddies has. I had him convinced that I couldn't find one and I think he had accepted he wasn't getting one. Well, I found one in Dallas and my mom and John were kind enough to pick it up during the tail end of the terrible ice storm. I hid it at my in-laws and they were so so sweet to drop it off on our front porch early Christmas morning. G opened his gifts first. He opened his stocking stuffers and some house shoes and was perfectly happy! He gave me a hug and a kiss and then I said "Santa called me this morning and said he couldn't get through the glass on the fireplace so he left you something on the front porch!" Haha! I think he was surprised! Then I opened my gifts and Jax opened his! {He got a new bed and has already torn it to shreds! I don't know what his deal is with the beds!!}



After we opened presents with each other we got dressed and headed to G's parents for Christmas lunch. As usual, there was amazingly delicious food! G's family is lebanese so his mom always makes some traditional lebanese dishes at holidays and this year was my first taste of kibbeh nayeh- it's a dish that is raw ground sirloin with spices and cracked wheat {I think}. I was pretty nervous to eat raw meat... I have a thing with meats.... BUT it was actually not bad! I wouldn't have known it was raw had they not told me! AND I got my very own meat grinder for Christmas this year so look out family.... you get to be my kibbeh testers!!

We had such a wonderful first married Christmas! We would have liked to get to see more family and not been sick but such is life. Over all it was a great holiday and I'm looking forward to many more! Until next time...
~A






No comments:

Post a Comment