So this is another "Just another day" post. Like I said before.... I am
soooooooooooo a little behind on blogging! G and I went to the State Fair of Texas. He hadn't been since he was 15. If you know us, we are all about food. We didn't really ride very many rides but we ate EVERYTHING! We each had a Fletchers corny dog (yes, it is only worth eating if it is a Fletchers), beef jerky, fried cake balls, fried mashed potatoes, Dr. Pepper, and a picnic on a stick. It was all quite delicious. Of course we both felt sick afterwards but it was totally worth it!
RIP Big Tex... See you new and improved next year!!
One of my patient's introduced me to a devotional book called Jesus Calling and it has changed my life. It is the first devotional I have found that speaks to my life on a daily basis and helps me re-focus. I have since shared it with everyone who will listen to me about it! I love it. Here are some of my favorite verses lately...
I keep this one on my phone and look at it when I am in a sour mood and want to just be grumpy :)
And... G and I have finally started to cook again. Just a little! We saw a picture of a pesto shrimp pasta on pinterest and wanted to try it. Well, it was one of those pesky links that leads to NOTHING! So we made our own recipe just based on the picture! It turned out pretty good.... maybe a little less pesto next time!!
And yes, we cooked in pajamas. If you have ever lived with me or come over (for anything except a planned social gathering) you know you will find me in some form of pajama or sweat pant :)
Until next time....
-A
No comments:
Post a Comment