Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Sexy Seven Christmas

You're probably thinking "Wow Aubrey, calling your group of friends a name like that is so middle school!" Well, that's because it is! Every year, for the last THIRTEEN years, 6 of my girlfriends and I have gotten together for a Christmas dinner. We went to different colleges and now live in different cities but we made a promise all those years ago to do our best to get together once a year and catch up on each others lives. EVERY person hasn't made it EVERY year, let's be realistic. But I am so thankful for these dinners and look forward to it every December! This year, many of us have bought our first homes and it's so exciting to look back and see all of the milestones we have gone through with one another!

Kara is house-sitting an absolutely beautiful home in Preston Hollow for 6 months while the homeowners are in Spain. You can imagine how nice this house is by my previous statement that the owners just picked up and went to Spain for 6 months! Ha! Anyways, she offered to host our dinner at "her" house this year. All seven of us were able to attend and I can't begin to describe how happy it makes my heart to spend time with all of these ladies. We usually get all dolled up and wear cocktail dresses and do a potluck meal and desserts, then do a gift exchange. We decided to start a  new tradition and just brought appetizers/sweets, each of us brought our favorite bottle of wine to share, and we wore our pajamas...... ALL NIGHT- meaning most of us rang the doorbell wearing our jams and got in our cars the next morning in our jams! We oh so quickly decided that this was the best idea yet! As usual, we stayed up just sharing our lives, reminiscing and drinking wine! Ha!




We also have a tradition of taking "selfies" with all 7 of us in them. This is a talent we have perfected over the last 13 years! I'll spare you the 15 re-takes and just share some of my favorites!





After we get a good shot of all of us for memories sake we start with the silly poses...




The next one is probably my absolute favorite because it I think it shows the "true" us...


The best pictures and memories aren't always the perfectly posed, with perfect hair and the cutest outfit. More often, they are the candid, blurry ones that help you remember the best moments! We have been through those horrible middle school days, made it through the different "clicks" in high school, graduated from college {yes, all of us!}, relationships beginning and ending, marriages, and all the things in between. I know I say it every year but I don't know who I would be without growing up with these girls as my friends! I'm looking forward to sharing more memories with these fabulous ladies! May 2014 treat you well, gills! Until next time...
~A

You can read about past dinners HERE and HERE !


1 comment: