Wednesday, December 19, 2012

12 years running...

It's about 6:45am on my day off and I can't sleep because of a stuffy nose/cough. So what better to do than to blog?! ( WARNING: This may be lengthy!) This past weekend some of my girlfriends and I celebrated our 12th annual Christmas Dinner Party. We call ourselves the sexy 7. Yes, I know how silly that is but we made it up 12 years ago people and you can't kick a name like that! Ha! We were young and decided that our group of friends needed a name... mostly because we were wrapping a boys house and wanted to "tag" our signature on his car with shoe polish. Yup, that's what we did on Friday nights and I wouldn't have changed it for the world. These ladies and I have been through quite a bit over the years and I have to say I love them more than ever! Now, on to the fun stuff.

Like I said, we have been getting together for these dinners for 12 years. Not everyone can make it every year but THIS  year we were ALL there!!!! Here's a look at Christmas Dinners Past. This year Jessica and Jean have recently moved into their first houses! So exciting! We went to Jessica's new house and I have to say... it is fabulous! Her husband was sweet enough to let us take over for the evening while he had a guys night at Gloria's. Now, on to the festivities.....

There is ALWAYS food. We have always loved to eat!

{I just love the brick on the wall in the dining room!}

 And if you have ever met me.... you know I kinda like LOVE dessert. 

In years past we have done a purse Chinese gift exchange, then sock exchange. Thanks to pinterest, Jessica suggested a "Favorite Things" exchange. Each person brings one of their favorite things for $5 or less to give to everyone else. It was such a fun idea and we got some really great stuff! Here are our "Favorite Things"...
Melissa: Shiner Holiday Cheer, chocolate, and cuties

Me: Essie nail polish...... which led to this.....

 .... And this.... But thankfully, we got the polish out and you can't tell it was even there!!! Whew!

Lauren: Lotion and a fabulous smelling candle from Bath and Body Works

Kara: a hair wrap for after you Shower.... such a great idea! My towel always drives me crazy when I have it on my head!

Jean: Hot chocolate and Bailey's

Jessica: a bath bomb from Lush. I had never heard of these but after she shared I am soooooo excited to try it!

Hannah: a recycled glass drinking glass

Just a few fun pictures......


{Enter Ellie, the most precious, tiniest, sweetest dog ever!}

In case you can't tell, we are a Christmas Tree :)

Here, we were supposed to be an animal. Totally obvious.

And these, ladies and gentleman, are some of the best friends a girl could ask for! {And most beautiful!}

There are some more pictures, but I hate to go on and on. One day I will figure out how to edit this thing and combine my pictures like everyone else haha! Anyways, I had a BLAST and I can't believe we have been doing this for 12 years!! Next year, Jean's house and more "Favorite Things"!!!! Can't wait! Love you girls so very much! Until next time....

-A


No comments:

Post a Comment