Christmas #1
My first Christmas (after the one I spent with just G and me) was with my Dad, Crystal and family. We used to do a secret santa between all the siblings, then when marriages and kids came along we started just doing a Chinese Gift exchange among the adults and just bought gifts for the little ones. The girls are so fun and I loved watching them open gifts! I didn't get many pictures and unfortunately I did not get one of everyone :(.... hopefully Kristin and Marla did!
I was lucky enough to get one where all three are smiling!!
Christmas #2
My next Christmas was with mom and John. My mom made some sausage pinwheels that she found on pinterest.... they were delicious!!! She also made an eggnog coffee cake that was not so yummy.
Fred had to get in on the Christmas action too. He is a really good helper when it comes to opening presents!
John decided to write our cards in spanish :)
Christmas #3
It is tradition to spend Christmas Eve at Nana's. There's always TONS of food and TONS of family! We do a Chinese gift exchange at Nana's too (for the adults) after the kids open their gifts! Again, I didn't get a picture of everyone (I really need to work on that!)...
Christmas #4
After Christmas Eve at Nana's I drove to Tyler to celebrate with G and his side of the family! I got into town around 10pm.... it was a loooooong day, but totally worth it! Rebecca and Matt were with Matt's family this year, we definitely missed them. We will have to coordinate a little better next year with our holidays! On Christmas day we woke up early and went to Christmas Mass. Then came back home, changed clothes and had a delicious lunch! There is never a shortage of food! G is part lebanese so his mom always makes yummy lebanese dishes. At the beginning of our relationship I was pretty skeptical of all the new foods, but they have become some of my favorites!
I feel so blessed and fortunate to have such a large and wonderful family! I made it home from Tyler just in the nick of time and missed most of the ice on the roads from the "winter storm". The holidays are sometimes stressful but I just focus on celebrating the most important birthday of the year (Jesus, of course!) and being thankful for being blessed with so many loving family members. Hope everyone has a Happy New Year!! Until next time....
-A
{Saying prayers for my sweet friend Laurie for peace and strength. Love you.}








No comments:
Post a Comment