Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wedding Day!

Saturday May 11, 2013... Best. Day. Ever.

Our wedding day, seriously, could not have been more wonderful. We have both been told horror stories of wedding days..... someone dropped the cake, Grandma caught her dress on fire, tornado warning ect. I can safely say that our wedding day was practically flawless. {I'm a little superstitious of saying things like that before hand.... it almost always makes something go awry! My nurse friends will understand :) } The morning started off with continental breakfast with the MOH {after waking up from my last single girls sleepover EVER}....I don't know why I love girls nights so much but I just do....don't judge me!

We had someone come to the hotel room to do our makeup.... best idea ever! Airbrush makeup is genius! My regular makeup would not have lasted that long. I only have one picture of Alyssa getting hers done and I'm not sure if she would kill me for putting it up or not... so I'm going to save myself a possible angry phone call and not post it :) After makeup Sarah drove me to the venue so we could start on my hair. I think she has a picture of the entire finished product... but of course I don't!


{This is my super hot friend Sarah, guys she is single (I think) and has the most adorable 3 year old daughter.... Thank you, thank you, thank you for doing such a FABULOUS job on my hair and being there to celebrate our day! It was all better than I ever imagined!}

The rest of the girls did their hair and makeup at the venue... and if you look closely you can see one of the flower girls in the door way! One of my favorite and probably the cutest moment of the day was seeing Grace in the next room while my step-mom trying to get her dressed and she {Grace} was only wearing her little pink underwear and was shakin her booty dancing around the room! So cute! 
The following pictures are a mix of pictures I've stolen from others. Our official wedding pics will be available soon, but until then these are some great memories!

{For the record, I didn't even stumble on those stairs!}


Happiest and proudest moment of my life was saying "I do" to this man. Easy.

{The boys were so funny. They seriously thought they were going to drop me.... and so did I!}


{Bride and Groom table. If you look  in the back you can see the grooms cake... made to look like a giant chocolate donut! Hilarious.}

{Wedding cake! I haven't found someone with a picture of the Groom's cake yet but we loved it! It turned out exactly how we wanted!}

{The next Mr. & Mrs. to be!}

{I am so extremely blessed to have some of the best girlfriends a gal could ask for! I don't really miss 4D.... BUT I sure do miss these gorgeous girls!}

{This picture is so very special to me. The fact that every single one of these ladies could make it and we were all together was just the icing on the cake to an amazing day! We have been taking these pictures for 11? years now and I don't know where I'd be without you beautiful ladies.... you truly are so special to me!}


 
{This picture is from the back screen of Karlee's-the photographer- camera. I can't wait to see all the shots she got!}

{Last but not least.... We had a photobooth and placed a book with gluestick and pen next to it for people to put their doubles and write a message.... this was our favorite photobooth post of the night!}

G and I could not have been happier with the way EVERYTHING went. I know we had a blast and hope everyone else did too! People always say "It goes by so fast" and it's not that I didn't believe them but I guess I didn't realize HOW fast such a BIG and special moment can go. It was a whirlwind of a day but I wouldn't change it for the world. And true to form, G and I got back to our hotel room and snacked on pistachios and peanut m&m's before going to bed as a Mrs! 



On Sunday, Mother's Day, we had brunch with some of our family at the same country club we had the rehearsal dinner. Again, it was wonderful! We dropped G's sister and her hubs off at the airport and headed to our hotel out by DFW. We had dinner {and a show} at Midieval Times and it was fabulous, as always! Although, the knights were slightly over dramatic with their sword fighting and fight scenes this time. There were a couple times G and I just looked at each other and said "Seriously?!" Nonetheless, we still love Midieval Times. We had a couple hours of sleep and headed to the airport at 2:00am to catch our flight to St. Lucia!!!! Honeymoon here we come!







No comments:

Post a Comment